Forskolin is made from root of Celeus forskohlii, an herb found in India, Thailand and Nepal. Forskolin has been used for thousand years in Ayuverdic medication. Some studies report that Forskolin may be effective for several different purposes.
It can be used to treat heart, asthma, insomnia, muscle spasm, convulsions, skin disease, and lung condition. The other hand, this supplement may still present risks to consumers.
Recently, forskolin is a dietery supplement that has expanded in the United States for weight loss, body building, cognitive function, health eye and many more. Research study reports that this herbal extract is well-tolerated by majority users and it has still reported few side effects in this study. Some consumers report side effect on online review site such as amazon.com.
Some reports from consumer showed to lower blood pressure and it should not be combined with medications that effect blood pressure. The others have reported loose bowel movement and diarrhoea because taking this supplement. In article below is some basic information about this supplement and how it works, as well as possible negative forskolin side effects.
Is forskolin safe to take?
According to the natural medicine database reposts that forskolin has affect the body in several ways. Those effects include:
- Vasculogenic effects– Studies have indicated that forskolin may improve erectile dysfunction.
- Effects on platelet aggregation– Forskolin may stimulate disaggregation of platelets.
- Ocular effects– Animal studies indicate that Forskolin may reduce net aqueous humor inflow and intraocular pressure.
- Cardiovascular properties– Forskolin may reduce blood pressure and increase heart rate.
- Bronchodilation– Studies indicate that this supplement may inhibit the release of histamine from pulmonary mast cells.
- Antioxidant effects– Forskolin may act as an antioxidant.
- Effect on weight – Some studies have shown that forskolin may reduce body weight, food intake and fat accumulation.
Negative forskolin side effects
Some researcher have documented side effect of forskolin consumed orally. The study that report advere effect of forskolin is small and relatively it needs more research to conduct safety of this supplements. For some cause, forskolin users and it is normal when forskolin has mild side effect. The mild side effect including tremor, restlessness, mild to moderate cough, irritation of the upper respiratory tract and sore throat. It simply need some further research to prove side effect of forskolin.