When it comes to the most popular supplements to help you lose weight, Garcinia Cambogia Extract ranks top of most people’s lists. The extract even has Dr Oz’s stamp of approval. On hearing about it, I decided to do my own homework as to whether or not it was good for young adults and teenagers as well.
How It Works – The Clip Notes
- It reduces the fat your body makes.
- It decreases your appetite.
- You not only feel full more quickly but also for longer periods.
There are some rules though:
- Don’t exceed the recommended maximum dose. It is safe within these parameters.
- It is not advisable for a woman who is pregnant or nursing to take it.
- If you are on some form of medication for lowering you cholesterol or blood sugar, you need to consult your doctor before taking this drug.
Look for a supplement that has at least 50% HCA – anything below that is a waste of time. You would take between 500mh and 1000mg at least half an hour before each main meal. Take with a glass of water. Do not take more than 3000mg a day – you can get too much of a good thing. Look for a supplement that is as pure as possible. Just the extract and maybe some Potassium but no other ingredients.
What To Expect
Teenagers can safely expect to lose at least 2-4 pounds in the first month, with no other changes to their lifestyle. If you feel you would like to lose more, start a healthy eating plan and also start an exercise program.
That said, this has proven to be a safe and effective supplement in doses up to 3000mg a day. If your parents want to check it out, refer them to Dr Oz’s program or the tons of articles online.
Quick Recap for Successful Weight Loss for Teens
- Take the Garcinia Cambogia at least half an hour before eating breakfast, lunch and supper.
- Monitor your portion size.
- Eat three meals a day – every day.
- Get moving a bit – find some activity you enjoy and get your body moving.