As debated from any benefit and effect of Forskolin, forskolin has been used for Yuverdic and Hindi traditional medicine for centuries. Any side effect of forskolin is needed further research to know it well. Forskolin is herb that grows in India, Nepal, and Thailand.
This plant has been extracted to make easy for consuming. The benefit of forskolin are that can treat heart, asthma, insomnia, muscle spasm, convulsions, skin disease, bodybuilding and increase lean muscle mass.
Forskolin drug interaction
Even forskolin is herb supplement that help to treat many purposes. Moreover, forskiolin extract health risks may be more significance when forskolin is used in combination with certain substance. You should consider to avoid any medication that can effect for any danger for yourself. Forskolin may also interact with any other supplments that are known to have antiplatelet, anticoagulant, or hypotensive effects. Some of the medications that may interact with forskolin include:
- Nitrates, such as isosorbide and nitroglycerin.
- Calcium channel blockers, such as nifedipine, verapamil and diltiazem.
- Antihypertensive drugs, such as valsartan, captopril and furosemide.
- Anticoagulant or antiplatelet drugs, such as warfarin, cilostazol and anagrelide.
Recommended forskolin dosages
As supplement, forskolin may be taken intravenously, orally or by inhalation. You need doctor prescription while taking forskolin. Authorize medicine of America also known FDA has not approved forskolin to treat any ailment, no standardized dosing recommendations exist. Nonetheless, in the next article will give guidelines based on the advice of natural medicine experts and tha dosage used in the past research studies.
- For general intravenous use– A dose of 0.5 mcg/kg per minute, increased at 15 minute intervals to 1, 2 and 3 mcg/kg per minute. This protocol has been used for a maximum of one hour.
- For general use of dried root– A dosage of 6 to 12 mg of dried root supplements daily in divided doses.
- For general use of fluid extract– A dosage of 6 to 12 ml of standardized 10 to 20% forskolin extract daily in divided doses.
- For lowering intraocular pressure– 50 mcl of 1% forskolin suspension eye drops applied topically to the cornea.
- For asthma– 1 to 5 mg of forskolin aerosol delivered via a metered dose inhaler.
- For schizophrenia or depression– A 75-minute intravenous infusion of forskolin.
- For cardiomyopathy– A dose of 0.5 to 4 mcg/kg per minute of intravenous forskolin.
- For anti-inflammatory action after cardiopulmonary bypass– A dose of 0.5 mcg/kg per minute of intravenous forskolin.